Learn How To Certify Your Patients
Only physicians registered with the Medicinal Marijuana Program (MMP) can authorize patients for the MMP. Per regulation, only the patient’s bona fide physician can initiate the patient’s application, and that physician must first be registered with the MMP.
To become a qualified healthcare provider in New Jersey, you must register with DHSS online and receive a NJMMP ID card. You will also be required to initiate your patient’s registration process.
To register, you will need:
- NJ medical and CDS license numbers
- Professional license and good standing
- CDS number
- Patient’s qualifying condition
- Completion of addiction and pain management education in past 2 years
- Complete online registration forms, create your account username and password
- Log-in to initiate patient applications and to create accounts for your office to use in updating patient records
- Sign a certification statement
Once you’ve registered, you can complete and submit patients’ Attending Physician Statements to the MMP, and will receive a Patient Reference Number and Patient Registry ID in return.